Welcome to issue 309 of the HWN, an issue covering crowd-sourced bits of information about Haskell from around the web. This issue covers from September 28 to October 4, 2014
Quotes of the Week
- Uh... I'ma have to read the IRC logs... No good quotes @remember'd
Top Reddit Stories
- Announcing needle: ASCII-fied arrow notation. From (scrambledeggsontoast.github.io), scored 103 with 119 comments.
- How we might abolish Cabal Hell, part 1. From (well-typed.com), scored 95 with 69 comments.
- After some failed attempts to learn Parsec I came across this incredibly patient tutorial and now I'm writing parsers!. From (github.com), scored 79 with 17 comments.
- Neil Mitchell's Haskell Blog: Why Traversable/Foldable should not be in the Prelude. From (neilmitchell.blogspot.co.il), scored 71 with 289 comments.
- Tutorial: Implementing highly efficient data structures with Monoids and Fingertrees. From (codementor.io), scored 47 with 37 comments.
- There is No Haskell Topology. From (immanence.org), scored 45 with 32 comments.
- Introduction to Low Level Haskell Optimization - Dan Doel. From (youtu.be), scored 44 with 2 comments.
- Turn an optparse-applicative program into a CGI program!. From (github.com), scored 39 with 10 comments.
- Yesod 1.4 released. From (yesodweb.com), scored 36 with 1 comments.
- Updating Auto-Update. From (yesodweb.com), scored 36 with 20 comments.
- Type-safe Routing for Spock Web Framework released. From (github.com), scored 32 with 39 comments.
- Lattice-Based Data Structures for Deterministic Parallel and Distributed Programming (related to CRDTs; implementation in Haskell). From (composition.al), scored 30 with 9 comments.
- A non-recursive sorting algorithm. From (haskellexists.blogspot.com), scored 27 with 36 comments.
- Dijkstra monads. From (why-lambda.blogspot.co.uk), scored 25 with 4 comments.
- Improving Haskell-related documentation. From (self.haskell), scored 23 with 62 comments.
- Haskell, Monads and Purity • via Hacker News. From (jelv.is), scored 23 with 11 comments.
- FP Complete is hiring: Systems engineer for cloud and cluster work. From (fpcomplete.com), scored 21 with 11 comments.
- The future of the haskell2010/haskell98 packages for GHC 7.10. From (haskell.org), scored 21 with 22 comments.
- ANN: Nomyx V0.7, the only game where you can change the rules. From (self.haskell), scored 20 with 7 comments.
- Let's Build a Browser Engine in Haskell: part 5. From (hrothen.github.io), scored 19 with 6 comments.
Top StackOverflow Questions
- How fundamentaly different push-pull and arrowized FRP are? votes: 10, answers: 0
- What are hashes (#) used for in Haskell's library's source? votes: 10, answers: 1
- What is the inverse of a promise? votes: 9, answers: 3
- Is there a default polymorphic unit type haskell votes: 7, answers: 1
- nvcc + c2hs on OS X 10.9.5 votes: 7, answers: 1
- How to sort a list using partial order in Haskell? votes: 7, answers: 2
- Relationship between forward and backward map in Isomorphism (Lens package) votes: 6, answers: 1
- How to implement a generic neural network efficiently in Haskell? votes: 6, answers: 0
- How do I unify two or more Signals in elerea? votes: 6, answers: 1
- Ambiguous type variable fixed with type equality constraint votes: 6, answers: 1
Until next time,
+Daniel Santa Cruz